Hot Gas Rework Station Removes Surface Mounted Components And Bonded Die.
Using carefully regulated heat controls, quickly and easily removes surface mounted components and bonded die from PC boards, hybrid micro-circuits and packages without disturbing nearby components or damaging the removed device.
Bonded die or surface mounted components can be removed with this versatile rework station. Rework can be accomplished without disturbing nearby components or damaging the removed device. Removal heat is applied through an interchangeable nozzle. All process parameters are closely controlled. The versatility of this unit makes it ideal for removing surface mounted components such as leadless chip carriers, eutectic bonded die and epoxy bonded die.
- Hot gas jet directs heated nitrogen through an interchangeable nozzle to the selected area on the substrate.
- Idle heat and nitrogen flow through the hot gas jet minimize heater warm up time.
- A voltage proportioning temperature controller monitors the gas temperature at the nozzle and controls it within a narrow range.
- Gas temperature is adjustable to 800 º C.
- Gas flow is adjustable. Flow indicator is mounted on the control panel.
- Heated work holder eliminates thermal shock and prevents substrate cracking. Temperature controller with digital readout adjustable to 350 º C controls workholder temperature.
- Interchangeable work chuck mounts on workholder to adapt to various package configurations.
- Position lock feature holds work holder firmly while hot gas is actuated. Position lock override provided.
- Push button and parallel foot pedal operation to increase nitrogen flow and temperature from idle to the amount required for die removal. Also actuates work holder position lock.
- Pressure interlock in nitrogen supply line prevents a low pressure burnout of heater element.
- One half inch Z motion (vertical travel) manually controlled to permit nozzle to reach into deep packages.
- Nozzle height can be adjusted 1.5″ to give a total range (combined with Z motion) of 2″.